CVS Fife - 23-27 Randolph Street, Buckhaven KY8 1AT (Map)
T: 01592 567001 - F: 01592 567009 - E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Community Ambassador - Scottish Spina Bifida Association
Job Description - Volunteer Community Ambassador
To assist the Scottish Spina Bifida Association Fundraising Team in driving forward a range of exciting fundraising initiatives within the local community.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Placing charity collection boxes in shops, pubs and establishments that attract flowing traffic in your local area
- Making follow up visits every 2 months to these businesses where boxes have been placed to collect and replace with a new empty box
- Counting and banking the income of each box and providing a report of income to Community Fundraising Officer within agreed timescales.
- Maintaining accurate records of how much each collection box placed raises
What can Ambassador's do for us:
Essential skills and attributes required for this post:
- Access to a vehicle
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Good organisation skills and ability to maintain simple records
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Have the necessary hours free once every 2 months to enable the collection of boxes
We encourage Community Ambassadors to place as many boxes as possible within their local community, ideally we would like volunteers to develop their area to an extent where they are able to manage at least 10- 15 collection boxes.
Once in place the time spent maintaining the boxes is an ongoing commitment but will differ between different location they are positioned in and how soon they fill up.
Your time will be spent:
- Collecting collection box
- Counting the donations collected
- Banking the donations
- Reporting income to the Community Fundraising Officer
- Repeating this process every 2 months
Once 10-15 collection boxes are placed it is probable that the amount of time needed will total in the region of a 2 days every 2 months.
The Community Fundraising Officer will guide and support you in your work and you will receive all supporting materials, full induction to the charity and specific training.
See what we'll offer:
- Official Community Ambassador t-shirt that can be worn proudly when maintaining the collection boxes.
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to The Scottish Spina Bifida Association who support over 3,500 children, young people and adults across scotland
- The enjoyment of meeting new people in your local community and working as part of our skilled and friendly fundraising team
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills in areas such as fundraising, marketing and communication
- Travel expenses will also be paid when incurred on charity business
Contact: Lynsey Hamilton, The Dan Young Building, 6 Craighalbert Way, Cumbernauld G68 0LS
Phone: 01236 794517
Date added: 27/06/2012
Back to Volunteering Opportunities section